Awards & Grants
NAPS Distinguished Citizen Awards and Ambassador Awards
Each year, NAPS presents an award to an individual, business or organization that has shown support for the goals and objectives of NAPS, which are mainly the restoration and preservation of the environment in the Northern Neck of Virginia.
Past awardees include:
- 1990 - Meade Hinton
- 1991 - Alexander M. Cochran (post humus)
- 1992 - Miriam Haynie
- 1993 - Mary Lou Butler
- 1994 - Porter and Mary Kier
- 1995 - The Rev. Thomas Wright Morris
- 1996 - Al Fisher
- 1997 - Warren Stansbury
- 1998 - Bob and Martha Robinson
- 1999 - Reedville Fishermen's Museum
- 2000 - Ralph and Isabel Rose
- 2001 - Mike and Adele Harwood
- 2002 - Rice's Hotel/Hughlett's Tavern Foundation - Rangers - Tavern Quilt Guild
- 2003 - Luther E. Welch
- 2004 - Audrey Brainard
- 2004 Ambassador Award Henry Bashore for his contributions to establishing Nature Preserves in Northumberland County.
- 2005 - The Rev. Gayl Fowler
- 2006 - Lake Cowart, Jr.
- 2007 - Clint Stables
- 2008 - Dr. Lynton Land
- 2009 - Northumberland's Volunteer Rescue Squads
- 2010 - Northumberland's Volunteer Fire Departments
- 2011 - Myrtle Phillips
Almost every year, NAPS has received grant money for its shoreline restoration projects. NAPS and its members have also donated money and time to shoreline stabilization, education, construction, and cleanup projects, and awards scholarships to college-bound Northumberland High School Seniors.